Whether it is hockey, speed skating or figure skating, CanSkate will help develop essential skills to excel in any on-ice sport. This program is the learn-to-skate program for beginners of all ages and is tailored to each user-group (e.g. pre-school, youth, adult). Participants earn badges while they learn fundamental skating skills. CanSkate is the feeder program to all other Skate Canada Skating Programs. Participants are taught in a group lesson format by NCCP Certified Professional Coaches and trained Program Assistants (Test and Competitive Program skaters). One of the key delivery standards of the CanSkate program is to ensure that participants are moving 90% of their time on the ice.
Benefits of Participating in CanSkate:
CanSkate is Canada’s only national learn-to-skate program. It was developed by experts to teach the fundamentals of skating in a progressive and sequential manner. The coach to student ratio is a maximum of 1:10. Skaters progress at their own rate and coaches make sessions active using tools that create a fun environment and promote learning.
CanSkate is where it all starts! CanSkate is for boys and girls of all ages to learn-to-skate or to improve the skills they already have!
Please read here for Skate Canada’s Helmet Policy.
Our CanSkate sessions run twice a week:
Our CanSkate sessions times:
- Monday 5:30 – 6:15 pm
- Wednesday 5:30 – 6:15 pm
Your membership fee of includes:
- Skate Canada membership
- Professional Coaching by NCCP Certified Coaches, assisted by trained Program Assistants
- Stickers and other fun incentives daily
- Ribbons and Badges at the completion of each level
- Participation in our Monthly Theme Days and Christmas Family Skate
- Participation in our Annual Showcase and Club Competitions
Our 2016-2017 Fees:
- $420 in-person registration rate for a two-day/week membership (If you register online, the cost is $433)
- $365 in-person registration rate for a one-day/week membership (If you register online, the cost is $376)
Membership is based on a 25 week program that runs from early October until the end of March.
The Fort William FSC is a proud supporter of P.R.O. Kids and is affiliated with Canadian Tire Jump Start.